Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP tutorial
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
Hello - I downloaded QTP 11 aftr registering at the HP web site. I am going through the tutorial step by step and doing exactly what it is saying. I have encountered 2 issues so far. I appreciate help from anyone who has gone through the tutorial.

1. Issue # 1 - In the lesson on "Creating Object Repositories", "Learning Objects in Your Application", Step 5 I am doing clicking Tools, Object spy, then click on my mercury tours. I click the hand on Object spy. When I move the mouse over any edit boxes or even click on them, the object spy window does not display any properties at all. Object Hierarchy just shows "Window" and WinObject below that.

2. Issue # 2 - I continued to step 6. Did everything as it says until step 8. For some reason though I do the "Object Repository Manager", Filter and Learn Steps (after clicking on the title of the mercury tours web page), the "Test Objects" doesn't show any objects learned. It just shows one edit box that is not related. I would have expected it to show all images and edit boxes like login, password etc. Tried closing QTP and relaunching. It didn't help. I have the "Web" add in alone enabled when I launch QTP. I tried to enable ActiveX and other add ins, with the same result.

Please let me know if any other details are required. Thank you.
Which browser version you are using?
I am using IE 9. On issue 2 above, when I click learn, QTP highlights the outline of the browser and it flickers, a popup windows comes up and quickly goes off. So it is trying to do something nothing happens after that.
I heard that IE9 has some problems but identifying objects shouldn't have been an issue.
Anyway give a try to lower versions of IE
rajpes - Thank you very much for the suggesion. I was thinking about going to IE 8 as well. I thought this was too basic and HP would have fixed if this was an issue. Not sure if any other people had the same problem. Thanks once again.
Just install the patch QTPWEB_00078 by closing qtp interface which is runing and restart the system and it should not give any problem with qtp11

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about QTP tutorial - Yousuf 1 2,496 11-15-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Yousuf
  QTP user guide and tutorial katma123 4 9,194 05-31-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: rajivjoshi
  tutorial question about 10/29/2012 bistritapcv 0 1,805 11-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: bistritapcv
  Tutorial bistritapcv 0 2,286 10-27-2012, 03:51 AM
Last Post: bistritapcv
  Vb Scripting Tutorial Payal Sharma 3 7,827 05-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Ankesh