Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP with other programing languages!!
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Smile 
Hi Folks,

I have just begun learning QTP as I am supposed to test out a website.

One of the requirements is to carryout a transaction on a website. There are two success criteria:

(1) The website should be reachable.
(2) The transaction should complete within a certain interval.

The time taken for the transaction should be recorded in a database.

Now will QTP let me do the last part of recording in a database or will I have to write a wrapper around the QTP script? Also, can a QTP scripts be invoked and used via other programming languages?

Thanks,
- OskarSmile
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
To interact with DB, you need to create an ADODB object and once you have DSN with you, you can do anything. It would limited - only by your imagination.

Also, can a QTP scripts be invoked and used via other programming languages?

Yes, QTP's Automation Object Model can be used in any language that supports automation (JScript, VC etc) . Don't confuse it with IDE of QTP. IDE will only support VBScript.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Hi Ankur,

Thanks for the reply.

Great. I have written a bunch of user agent code in perl that navigates and does a ton of stuff with the site. The problem was that the perl plugins did not have the ability to recognize Java GUI objects. I am reading up VBScript for the QTP IDE.... should be done soon and then will hook onto the QTP readings. BTW: Is the Automation Object Model an API that QTP exposes?
Correct, you can refer this article on AOM
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object Repository and Discriptive Programing combination raaj123 1 2,468 05-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  descript programing rjkmr.aiht 1 2,103 04-13-2012, 05:47 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to write the desriptive programing for gmail signin and signout shwetha_m 2 3,851 02-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Last Post: shwetha_m
Sad [Resolved] Unable to import Japanese (and East Asia Languages) letters Zarco 1 3,128 09-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Zarco
  static vs dynamic dscritve programing ramesh.tahiliani 5 19,498 09-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Last Post: ramesh.tahiliani