Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qtp 11 recongnise Browser as a window
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Shy 
Hi
I have IE8 and windows 7 installed on my Machine.
Qtp does not identify the webobject it recongnise browser as window.
I have tried all the way
I opened Qtp First the IE8
I write the script for opening the browser
Try to record on the browser
But all above doesnt work
So tell tell me
What should I do?
It is urgent since i am dealing with the web Sadapplication.

Thanks in advance
Regards
swatiRolleyes
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,
Launch QTP as an Administrator ie., right click on QTPro.exe as run it as an administrator. Then try recognizing the objects. if it still doesn't recognize try checking what Integrity level for QTP and IE browser opens on. If both are not on the same level then objects may NOT be recognized. Use Process Explorer to check the Integrity level,

Hope this helps.

Thanks
MV
Thanks
Hi MV,

Thanks a lot for the solution.
Hi,
I am facing the same issue. Please guide me as to how bring both QTP and IE to the same level

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Sathakarni
QTP is at Medium Integrity level and IE is at low. which means it should recognize the objects as Web Objects. Since it is NOT, please try launching IE via QTP. Use the SystemUtil method to launch IE from QTP and then try recognizing the Objects.

If it still doesn't recognize then please try launching QTP as an Admin ie., Right Click on QTP desktop shortcut and run as Admin. Then launch IE from QTP as mentioned above and check if it recognizes the Objects.

As far as bringing both to same levels are concerned, it is NOT a straight forward approach, there are third party tools available to elevate the permissions of various applications, one such tool is the Privilege Manager from Beyond Trust.

Else you can write your own manifest file to elevate the permissions for both QTP and IE.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
MV
Hi,

I am also facing the same issue of IE 8.0 windows 7 with QTP11.0 . When i check the integrity of QTP it shows as nothing , please help me out in this .

Thanks
Bhavya

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi, I am having the same problem,

I am using QTP 11 with proper licence. so when i open qtp with admin privilege, qtp gives error "install valid licence".

Also when i run qtp with my localhost web application its working fine.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In QTP 11, Browser is getting identified as Window priyaang 5 3,599 03-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: priyaang
  QTP 11 - Idenifying Window Object instead of Browser Kannan R 1 2,901 07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Last Post: learnQtptips
  QTP 10 is identifying the browser as Window hershy 3 4,507 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Last Post: ravi.gajul
  Generic test object root for browser / browser control HazleVillage 0 2,269 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Last Post: HazleVillage