Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Query:Automation Framework
Not Solved
Hi ,
I have created a framework which has folder named MAIN, then create six subfolders within that folder naming:

1. Function Library
2. Object Repository
3. Recovery Scenario
4. Reusuable actions
5. Test Data
6. Test Scripts

What type of Framework would it be called ??is it a mixture of Keyword driven and Data driven framework?
Please suggest.

Warm Regards,
Rachna
Not Solved
The framework depends on the implementation and approach of automation and not the folder structure.

Data Driven Test

Data-driven testing is a methodology used in Test automation where test scripts are executed and verified based on the data values stored in one or more central data sources or databases. These databases can range from datapools, ODBC sources, csv files, Excel files, DAO objects, ADO objects, etc. Data-driven testing is the establishment of several interacting test scripts together with their related data results in a framework used for the methodology. In this framework, variables are used for both input values and output verification values: navigation through the program, reading of the data sources, and logging of test status and information are all coded in the test script. Thus, the logic executed in the script is also dependent on the data values.

Keyword driven test.

The keyword-driven testing methodology divides test creation into two stages: the Planning Stage, and the Implementation Stage.

[1]Planning Stage

Examples of keywords

A simple keyword (one action on one object), e.g. entering a username into a textfield.

Textfield (username)<object> Enter text<Action> Data <username>

[2] implementation stage

The implementation stage differs depending on the tool or framework used. Often, automation engineers implement a framework that provides keywords like “check” and “enter” [1]. Testers or test designers (who don’t have to know how to program) write test cases based on the keywords defined in the planning stage that have been implemented by the engineers. The test is executed using a driver that reads the keywords and executes the corresponding code.
Not Solved
hello,
i have not just create folders,but what i tried to say is that
1. Function Library
2. Object Repository
3. Recovery Scenario
4. Reusuable actions
5. Test Data
6. Test Scripts

My test scripts that are maintained in folder numbre 6 are run using the common Function library and Global object repository and data being supplied from Global sheet and re-usuable actions are being used .

Coding Structure used is that there will a main Action for all the scripts which is named as corresponding Test case name, This Action intern will call all the other actions (Each Transaction used in the script would be an action) in the script. Importing and Exporting of sheets is also done in this main action. Importing of sheets is done at the beginning before calling other actions and exporting of sheets is done at the last. Sheets corresponding to all the actions in the scripts are imported, so that the data in the fields of the imported sheets are used as input data to the script, output data from the script is also collected and exported to the corresponding sheet.

There are many transactions which are reused in the scripts, similar transactions (Actions) are made as reusable so that its not required to record those transactions again and again, which ever transaction was common among scripts, were recorded in one script and is reused in all the scripts where the transaction is required.

I agree with you point,but i am confused as to what type of framework is this?is it a hybrid framework(ie mixtiure of Data and keyowrd driven)
Not Solved
I think it is pure datadriven test.
Not Solved
Is it not a hybrid one?A combination of Keyword and Data driven/?
Ankur can you please confirm ..

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Query regarding "Call" statement anupam4j 1 1,906 09-26-2014, 01:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Data Table Query Suma Parimal 4 4,466 01-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Suma Parimal
  UFT Query invisible786 0 1,786 01-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Last Post: invisible786
  Query about checkpoints pkdhake 5 3,449 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  query on test results look in qtp 11 madhulika99 1 2,585 02-25-2012, 07:28 AM