Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request as an XML using QTP
Not Solved
Hi , I have 1 issue.

We are sending all kinds of request to server using XMLs. Approximately 200 to 300 XMLs go for each kind of request. For e.g., if we have a credit check , then we have 1 XML , to check for address validation we have one XML, if we need to request for a service, we need to send an XML, so these are very few, we have lots and lots of XMLs for any kind of transactions.

For testing purpose, we have a testing GUI, where we can paste the XML and send the request to the server.

Till now with QTP, we are capturing the XML and modifying some of the parameters in side that and submitting that XML for request processing. With this process we were recorded lot of XMLs and placing the requests to the server.

Do we have any provision in QTP, where we can read the XML directly form an external place , like from a directory , where we keep all kinds of XMLs and from there we pick up that file and place the request for the server at the test GUI. So that I can avoid capturing or recording each and every XML, which are similar kind or differ in some times.

Please suggest me on this , your advices are very valuable to me.

Thanks a lot
Viswanadh
Not Solved
Please advice whether the question is correctly framed or not . At least give some information ,whether we can have some solution for these kind of problems.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sending json file request and validating response in soap UI tool using Groovy script smiley 0 3,646 07-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: smiley
  qtp script for updating values in xml file automation2012 3 11,259 11-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Lavanya N
  Not able to insert XML Checkpoint using qtp 11 soumen 0 1,751 06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Last Post: soumen
  Validating XML from browser request flexdev 0 1,430 04-13-2012, 09:07 PM
Last Post: flexdev
  QTP execute REST XML Commands neerukonda9 0 3,042 11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: neerukonda9