Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script for Waiting till a text changes
Not Solved
Hi Everyone,

Please find below is the scenario.

Launching an application.
Filling the required inputs.
After filling the inputs and clicking on the Apply Button the main window name changes like:

Before pressing on Apply Button Its MARKET DATA FINDER : STANDARD.
After pressing the Apply Button it becomes MARKET DATA FINDER : STANDARD *
And once all the data are uploaded then again it goes back to MARKET DATA FINDER : STANDARD.

I need to find the time duration for uploading the data...so i need to script this condition.

Could anyone help me with this.
Thanking you in advance. Smile
Not Solved
Interesting. Lets see how we can manually achieve this task,

1. I will use my timer to note down the time before i click on Apply button.
2. I will note down the time once it becomes STANDARD *
3. I Will stop my timer when the DATA Finder becomes STANDARD.
4. I Will then substract the time from step3 with the time from step 1 and find the total time taken.

How easy is it to script? Smile There are enough clues in the form keywords, so i encourage you to give it a try Smile
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
Am measuring the time difference with the help of Mercury Timer.
So scripting that is not an issue for me. But of course I need some help in scripting the behaviour change. Am unable to use GetRoProperty as it changes very quickly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Read text from text file and save it into a variable in qtp arpan 3 12,088 06-19-2013, 08:34 PM
Last Post: arpan
  Need to compare two text files - ignoring some text nelly27281 2 4,373 09-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Last Post: freeboynil
  QTP is waiting for the page to load succesfully and then doing actions bostonma 3 12,048 12-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Last Post: bfakruddin
  Finding specific text in a text string janriis 3 5,179 10-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Last Post: KavitaPriyaCR
  Copy content from a text file & paste it in text area in a web page qtpnewbie1 2 6,462 12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Last Post: qtpnewbie1