Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secondary Window NOT Opening
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Question 
I am having a few issues and I am not sure if they are all related or not. I have posted about other issues, but here is another, just in case it is different or may help with the other issues I am having.

I have an application that I am trying to write a test for, that has me right click on a link that is within the application. I then make a selection to Edit the item that I have right clicked on. When I select this edit option a new window is opened and then there are 2 tabs located on this new page.

Within QTP the right click and Edit are being recorded, but the new page is not being opened. This then causes errors when the test looks for objects within this new secondary window, but is looking within the first window and cannot find what it is looking for.

What is preventing this second window from opening??
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I have figured out some more information that I am not sure if it will help or not:

I have 2 different scripts. One right clicks on an item and then selects the edit option and the window is supposed to open, but does not open when running the test. The other script selects a menu item, which opens a secondary page, and this page opens when running the script.

I have looked/compared the two scripts and they look almost exactly the same where the new page was to be opened:

This is the one that is not opening the window:
'Line that is to open the screen
Code:
Browser("Browser").Page("GFM Warning").Frame("tree").Link("Edit Unit / Billet / Equipment").Click
'The first line that is supposed to be on the new page
Code:
Browser("USMC GFM Organization").Page("USMC GFM Organization").Frame("popupmain").Link("Alias").Click

This is the one that is opening the secondary window:
'This the menu option that is selected
Code:
Browser("Browser").Page("GFM Warning").Frame("search").Link("Mass Updates - Common").Click
'This is the first line that runs on the secondary page
Code:
Browser("USMC GFM Organization").Page("USMC GFM Organization").Frame("popupmain").WebEdit("electronicEquipmentName").Set "A75977G"

Does this help to figure out the issue? Does anyone have any ideas as to why this page will not open?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while opening test run results vkalyankar 3 3,984 11-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Is it possible to call Java window and Power Builder Window in 1 Action sbkhbk 0 2,442 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sbkhbk
  QTP Stuck at Opening stage TurtleRock 4 3,430 05-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: mauler69
  QTP is not recording the first step of opening Flight reservation app srinanduri 2 2,967 08-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Post: srinanduri
  Having issue in opening QTP test newqtp 0 1,748 01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Last Post: newqtp