Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secure QTP Code and Error Handling Scenario.
Not Solved
Hi All,

I'm developing a new tool - QTP integrates with Mainframes and submits the Mainframe Jobs one by one which is provided as a list in Microsoft Excel.

I need your help on below 2 issues:

1. I would like to restrict in accessing QTP Script/ Code to Users, as they don't require the internal logic. Incase of other technologies, we create .EXE (or) Load Files etc, so that user is restricted from the actual Code. Is there any similar way in QTP.

2. Say, to Submit a Job in Mainframes, we may need to process 5 screens in sequence. But at times, inbetween these 5 screens, there may be some unexpected (or additional) SCREEN in-between.

So, i have coded as
If TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("current_screen).TeField("field_name").Exist Then
TeWindow("TeWindow").TeScreen("current_screen).SendKey TE_ENTER

Though, i've tried to handle all unexpected CURRENT SCREEN in-between, the list become enormous, and again its found that list is in-complete, as new and new unwanted screens may come in-between.

Hence, i look forward, a simpler code, SAY ON ANY OF THE 5 SCREENS:

IF THE CURRENT SCREEN IS NOT THE EXPECTED ONE, then
BYPASS THE CURRENT SCREEN, TO GET THE NEXT SCREEN, TILL ALL EXPECTED 5 SCREENS COME.

e.g. If TeWindow("TeWindow").NOT EXPECTED TeScreen then
TeWindow("TeWindow").SendKey TE_ENTER

By this way, it can simply ignore the current screen, if not the expected one. But the above code is syntactically wrong, as these QTP properties doesn't exists (like SendKey directly on a Window itself).

Could you pls. help me how to do such a Screen Check in QTP with Mainframes ?

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Narravula

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error Recovery Scenario vamshiram 6 7,019 08-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Last Post: sucheta
  UFT Descriptive Programming objects not identified in a secure & private intranet env bugfinder2 1 1,651 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Not Able to Identify Object during Recovery Scenario Phani 2 3,087 01-25-2016, 01:26 PM
Last Post: arunshuklainbox
  How to write scripts with error handling mechanism UFT_Newbie 2 2,848 08-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Last Post: UFT_Newbie
  Taking screenshots during Error handling arpan 0 1,572 11-05-2013, 11:57 PM
Last Post: arpan