Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send a combination of keys
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,

I need to press "Ctrl + Alt + P" at a time to enable an edit box and I wrote the code below but it didn't work.

Code:
Set WShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")    
WShell.SendKeys "^%(P)"

I tried even few more combinations but without success.

Can anybody come up with a solution?
Hi,

it will work properly

I need to press "Ctrl + Alt + P" at a time to enable an edit box and I wrote the code below but it didn't work.

[quote]Set WShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WShell.SendKeys "^%p"
It did not work either.
Just to make sure you know, SendKeys will not work unless the window you want to send the keystrokes to is active (maybe use Window("hwnd:=" & hWnd).Activate or some other method of activating the target window). Same for Mercury.DeviceReplay, but here is the method to do it with that object (VK_MENU is Alt):

More info: Device Replay in QTP/UFT

Code:
Const VK_CONTROL = 29
Const VK_MENU = 56
Const VK_P = 25

Set deviceReplay = CreateObject("Mercury.DeviceReplay")
deviceReplay.KeyDown VK_CONTROL
deviceReplay.KeyDown VK_MENU
deviceReplay.PressKey VK_P
deviceReplay.KeyUp VK_MENU
deviceReplay.KeyUp VK_CONTROL
Thanks man..It works perfect.
This does work REALLY well! Thanks for sharing it. Just curious...is "VK_" just preference or does it have a purpose?
It stands for "Virtual Key." The actual enumerations in .NET are named that way. In VBScript, it's just easier to define the constants in the script than try to figure a way to get the values from the .NET framework.
Ah, thank you for the clarification. I've had to head into QTP without a VB background. I did do some programming (long before VB was created) and have been scripting in Second Life, so the logic behind it all is familiar, but I was unaware of the conventions. Thanks again. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to press the space bar with send keys method Hari Prasad 5 24,628 06-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Vijayaragavan.thangam
  Unable to send an email from Outlook which is already opened as draft attiliv 0 2,149 03-24-2013, 11:14 AM
Last Post: attiliv
  send arguments to qtp hadar 0 1,874 02-04-2013, 10:15 PM
Last Post: hadar
  Send key method does not set value on webEdit object. sandeep arora 1 14,383 04-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Last Post: verma.vik6
  Send Data from MSWord document 2 Excel File kisskasa 0 2,785 01-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Last Post: kisskasa