Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share xls file between many QTP scripts
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi everyone,

Is it possible to share one xls file between 2 QTP test script? For example i want to run 2 identicial script, which do the same thing. I try to figur out how to do this but i cant resolve this problem. There is a problem with access mangament to xls file for example first script cant perform the same row from xls as second script already do. I try receive this through ReadOnly property xls file - when first script get work for himself form xls then second cant access this xls file and etc. This attitude to problem may prevent from sytuaction in which first script do the same thing as second. ReadOnly attitude unfortunetly doesnt work. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Adam
Hi,

What you can do is create a ADODB connection to the excel sheet and then try to create a record set and from the record set get the required value.
Thank for your reply

I unfortunately dont understand how ADODB can help resolve my problem. I want control access to xls file to only one script at the same time can read/write to this xls. Could you explain what do you mean?
What I meant was to create an ADODB database connection just same as one does for connecting to db through QTP, i this way you can create record set for excel and read values simultaneously from multiple scripts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP file compare - ignoring file structure Fede 3 5,001 02-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Last Post: Parke
Exclamation QTP result in .xls file....Need Help... souvikghosh_diatm 7 7,410 07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Last Post: souvikghosh_diatm
  How to get row count if xls file is generating dynamically. iamsekhar 10 9,735 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Last Post: iamsekhar
  How to config the data file path(xls) linhke 5 4,703 06-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Last Post: linhke
  Reading xls by column name anbarasu 2 3,053 04-05-2010, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Saket