Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shared object repository in QTP 9.5
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi,

We have created 3 actions in one Test with Shared Repository using QTP 8.2.

As we upgrade from QTP 8.2 to QTP 9.5, we have also converted those test created QTP 8.2 to QTP 9.5.

In the QTP 9.5 converted test, We have added 2 more actions and mapped the new actions to the existing repository using Associate Object Repositories.

Now we are doing some recording by which new objects are added to repository of the newly created action. These objects are stored only as "LOCAL" and not in the shared repository.

Could you please let us know on the settings by which when we do any new recording, the the new objects are saved in the shared repository which was converted from QTP 8.2.

Note: We are not using QC for storing the test. We are saving all the test locally on our system and update them on VSS
The Objects will be stored in Local and you would have to manual merge them into your shared object repository.
Or, you can directly add these objects to your shared object repository by using Object Repository Manager
Hi,

If each time we need to add objects from local to shared then what is the use of Shared repository as a lot of time consumed in looking into two repositories and adding.

And how to manage shared object repository?As in a team of more people it becomes difficult to always merge from local repository to shared.Please suggest.

Thanks,
Smita
hi Smita,

First of all we have to prepare the Shared OR, this is the first step of any project. Then we will develop the general & business function and then only we will start scripting.

Any how the Answer for your question is, in QTP we have ORMerging Tool, where we can merge the Repositories and we have ORComarision Tool using this we can compare the two repositories.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Hi QTPKing,

Am using QTP 9.2. Can you please explain me how to create shared repository? or suggest me some link about the same.

Thanks,
Hi QTPian,

1) Navigate to Resources --> OR(Object Repository)
2) Add the objects
3) Navigate to File --> Export Local Objects
4) Enter the Desired Name for Shared OR (Eg:GoogleRepository.tsr). Make sure that the extension is .tsr (Test script Repository).

Once you are done with the above steps. Now open a new script and Navigate to Resources --> Associate Repositories. Then select the Shared OR.

That's it. Now you can use the objects which are present in the Shared OR. :-)

Let me know if you need any more help on this.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Hi QTPKing,

Thanks for the explanation. Let me workout this and shoot out my doubts if any...

Thanks,
Hi QTPKing,

Thanks for the explanation.
Whenever we are recoding then objects are always added in local,then to maintain the shared repostory always we have to do merge the local one with shared which results in conflicts and again is time consuming.

Can you let me know some other solution to overcome this issue.
Or anything like when we record automatically objects will get added to shared and not local.

Thanks,
Smita
Hi Smitha,

First of all in any of the project we should create the Shared OR.

Now let us see how to create a shared OR.
Define the Object identification properties for each of the object type in Tools --> Object Identification. Then perform the following steps

1) Navigate to Resuorces --> OR Manager
2) Click on the New (ctr+N)
3) Open your application
4) Start Adding the objects
5) Once the objects are added save the OR as (SharedOR.tsr) in the shared drive(the location which can be access by all the team).
6) Now open a new test and inorder to work with the ShareOR i.e. created in above steps Navigate to Resources --> Assosicate OR and now provide the SharedOR location.
7) To check the SharedOR is assosication by simple opening of OR (Ctr+R). Now you should able to see all the object that we have added in the step 4.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Hi QTPking,

Thanks for your information.

Thanks,
Smita

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while adding Object to Object repository at run time SaranKumarV 3 8,420 02-02-2015, 01:40 AM
Last Post: dubeyvin
  Is there anyway that we can automate adding objects to Object Repository ArunaSiva 0 1,725 06-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: ArunaSiva
  Webservice request without object repository anthony1carr 1 2,670 07-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Staff
  How to measure memory utlization by Object repository? deeppat 2 2,966 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Last Post: deeppat
Exclamation Shared Object Repository, Object Recognition Slow falvi 6 5,108 03-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: falvi