Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Smart identification is disabled for PSFrame object
Not Solved
Hi Everyone

I am working on Business Process testing(using QTP 9.2). I am facing a problem with object repository.
Issue: The Enable Smart Identification for PSFrame (PeopleSoft specific) is seen as False and is disabled in Object repository.

While running the script using QC, the script fails, I am not able to add the PSFrame to repository.

Is there way that I can enable(as it is disabled) the smart identification ?

I tried the option in QTP.
tools >object Identification > Enable Smart Identification, but doesnt work.

Can someone plz help me with this. Its kind of urgent as my project deadline is appearing soon.

Thanks in advance
Not Solved
Guru -
Intresting that you are pursuing Smart Identification while the whole community is not in favour of it. Here is what i have to say,

1. Smart Identification is not the one and only option. It is not even one of the option.
2. Smart Identification is not available for each and every object. Try checking out a winobject or windows based app and you will know what i mean.
3. Look for a better approach and here is a clue,

1. Can you spy on the PSFrame and see what properties would identify it uniquely ?
2. Try adding that object to the OR, and try to highlight the object..does that work ?

There are few other pointers as well, but i want to understand your problem further deep if this post does not make any sense to you.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Hi Basanth
Thanks for your reply.

Actually ,The issue was that the Object repository had got corrupted in and I could not add any objects to Object repository.

Apologies for my delayed reply.

Regards
Guru
Not Solved
Hi Guru,

can you share what kind of issue you faced due to OR getting corrupt and how did you resolve it..

Regards,
Spatil

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enabling Smart Identification for SAP Gui object prasanna.kale5@gmail.com 0 849 12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Last Post: prasanna.kale5@gmail.com
  object disabled eliass 1 1,541 05-30-2017, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Vichu M J
  Object identification is taking too much time JACKSPARROW 0 1,601 01-17-2017, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JACKSPARROW
  Object Identification approach sams001 2 2,397 06-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  How to set a value if webEdit control is disabled? rohit.kum.02@gmail.com 1 3,413 12-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Last Post: vinod123