Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split action in QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 1 Week ago
hi ,
In my GUI am creating the Group with group members. Here i have added two action. 1.login 2. Group creation
Here i have created with multiple groups with datatable.
what's my problem here is when ever i run the tests same group members are added to the different group names given in the Data table.

Is it possible to add the group members for differnt groups instead of same group member??

thanks in advance.
Hi anyone knows answer for my question. Please reply.
If I understood it right, you will have to pass the group members as well along with the group name from datatable.

Please provide more details, that helps to understand and you will get reply more quickly.

hi,
I have two action in my test. one is for login and another one is for creating group. In the second action i have added one data table for group name to take the different names. the same way i want to add grouip members name also in th edata table..

Is it possible to add more than one data table in one action??
this is my code....

Code:
Browser("IntraStore Server Index").Page("IntraStore Server Index_2").Frame("list").Image("New distribution list").Click
Browser("IntraStore Server Index").Page("IntraStore Server Index_2").Frame("main").WebEdit("listname").Set DataTable("ListName", dtLocalSheet)
Browser("IntraStore Server Index").Page("IntraStore Server Index_2").Frame("main").WebEdit("welcomemsg").Set "welcome to test1"
Browser("IntraStore Server Index").Page("IntraStore Server Index_2").Frame("main").WebEdit("subs").Set "test1@aph03win03.dev.us.syntegra.com"
Browser("IntraStore Server Index").Page("IntraStore Server Index_2").Frame("main").WebButton("Add list").Click
Browser("IntraStore Server Index").Page("IntraStore Server Index_2").Frame("list").Image("[Search]").Click 15,5
If u need more info revert back to me...
you can not add more than one data table to an action, but you can add sheets into data table, In your case adding another column for group member will help.
although I am not able to figure out where you are adding group members to a group. I can suggest you that create one more column (say Member) Now you can run a loop for adding the group and the members.

or if adding members is a seperate step then you can get rows which is for one group and add them

see the code below , let me know if it helps you.
Code:
Set oSheet = DataTable.GetSheet(dtLocalSheet)
EndRow = oSheet.GetRowCount

For RowId = 1 To EndRow
        oSheet.SetCurrentRow(RowId)
...Your Statements...
    Next

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split function in string nidhishnair 13 63,367 07-07-2020, 03:47 PM
Last Post: helmzshelmz
Question Split Function Chaithra N 0 1,014 12-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Chaithra N
  Split a string with multiple delimiters in VBScript nandha 2 7,961 02-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: nandha
  Split Function diya 2 5,550 11-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Last Post: diya
Question Deatils on Split action with Nested type sams001 0 3,180 10-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Last Post: sams001