Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Successful test not being marked as Pass
Not Solved Question 
All,

Having problems with a test I have created, the code is opening up a website, navigation though a number of items (text box, buttons) and waits for a report to load.

Once loaded I would like to get the results to pass.

Problem
Presently the test is running though completed looking at the test results but for some reason is not getting a successful "Pass".

Any advice?
Not Solved
Hi Pufftmd,
You wont get Pass in the results unless you have a checkpoint or reporter event in your script. Check for the existance of your Report and fire Reporter.ReportEvent to get Pass/Fail entry in the results.
Not Solved
Thank you for your prompt reply, i've taken on this with not much experience with this. We've used previous reports and amended these with no issue and pass/warning/failure have been logged with no issue without this Reporter.ReportEvent which has confused me a little lol.

Is this something new to QTP 10.00?
Not Solved
Just a quick update, I've amended the script using:
Code:
Reporter.ReportEvent micPass, "StepName", "Details"
which is successfully marking the script as Pass at the moment, previously it was using service.settransaction is this one in the same?

Thank you for your assistance on this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PASS/FAIL in QTP badri 3 5,892 12-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Last Post: kiranpol
  how to pass the data frm datatable silpavinod 3 3,690 10-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Last Post: silpavinod
  how to pass a numeric value into webedit silpavinod 3 3,662 10-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Last Post: silpavinod
  How to pass values between different tests in QTP vijaya.t 6 16,081 01-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Last Post: mrajeshtnl
  How to pass the value from action1 to action2? srivibaalu 4 4,378 10-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Last Post: srivibaalu