Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template test with several actions
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hello from Germany,
I have a question regarding template tests with QTP and HPQC.

Is it possible to have a template test with several actions (in my case five) so that when I create a new test based on this template, this new test has all this five actions and is ready to run immediately?

When I create a template test with several actions the new tests based on this template only have the first action or in some cases they have none action. More precisely it says that the actions are not found. Only the first action is found correctly.

If your need more information just say it. I’m relatively new to QTP Scripting and I hope I find help here. :-)

Greetings
onoffon
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I think if you have to have those 5 Actions in every test of yours, then make the reusable actions and add them to the Action repository. You can then use these reusable actions in any test you want.
** Action repository is nothing but a collection reusable Actions stored with a test

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to call Actions from other Actions Naresh 1 7,691 09-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  How to run 3 of 5 actions in a test for all rows of test data mharps 1 2,743 04-10-2014, 04:26 AM
Last Post: mharps
  Need Excel template for mapping manual scripts to Automation scripts. ACCBAJPA 0 2,827 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ACCBAJPA
  Functional Specification Template for QTP Vandembergue 2 3,383 01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Vandembergue
  Test Script that can record the actions.. Sborrus 6 4,022 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Sborrus