Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Java-Webbrowser-Object
Not Solved
Hi,

I have a problem testing a Java-Application, which integrates a webbrowser-object.
QTP identifies the object as one WebSite-Object. But as this really is an Internet Explorer within a frame, QTP should identify the web-elements within the website.

My idea until now is to call the getURL()-method of the object and navigate to that url with a real browser, which I can automate. But this will be difficult if the website uses sessions.

To better let you understand my problem, I created a little java-application, using exactly the same browser-object. It is a org.eclipse.swt.Browser .
You can download the application as a zip-file containing an executable jar-file which is the browser-application itself and the needed library. Just unpack it and start it...Download here

In the upper textbox you can enter a url, which will be called by the browser.

If you have any suggestions on how to create a test navigating within the browser-object, please let me know. Smile

Thanks in advance.
Not Solved
Hi again,

Is there no one else who is trying to test a Java-application like this? I thought it would not be that extraordinary to have a browser included into an application...
Not Solved
Hi
IF the QTP is not recognizing hte object frst we need to store the object's properties to the Repository .
THe process that i am following with my jave web based applicaiotns is
First i Press F3 and F12 commands alternatively and store the properties of hte objects then write the code .

So automatically it will save the proerties exactly whats there i nthe applicaiotn.
I too have frames in my jave web based applicaiotns

so try this
IT will take the property by itself its the safest way that we can store the object prperties to the repository

Mail me if you have any queries
Knowledge is not any ones Its an ocean any one join the knowledge ocean

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is Window Test Object adityasrinivasb 0 2,010 10-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Last Post: adityasrinivasb
  Can we access a table element in Script at runtime without a corr. test object? sepgs2004 1 2,910 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  Create Test Object in Object Repository Manager bgold01 3 6,035 10-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Brian.Osborne
  Logical name of the test object vIns 0 3,804 03-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Last Post: vIns
Question how do we specify this object in test data soumya 3 2,524 12-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Last Post: sshukla12