Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test Script
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi Ankur and All,

I have placed some Test Cases into Test PLan .Therein in the Design steps in Quality Center we have a Generate Script option .

So for some of the test cases if i click on that option so how is the script generated and what is the procedure.

I would be greateful if you help me

"Knowledge is not part of any one its an ocean any one can join the knowledge Ocean."
Let me understand your question, Do you intend to create a QTP automation script? Correct?

Or you want to know what is "Generate Script" in QC?
Generate Script option option just creates a skeleton for your QTP automation script.
So, if you want to create QTP script then you must record / write script using QTP.

Please let me know if this doesnt answer your question
Hi Niranjan,

As per your reply i understand that we need to create a QTP automation script .

But my question is in test plan when we place the test cases fro mEXCEL Sheet we get M symbol right to the test cases uploaded .

So when we go to design steps there we get an option "Generate Script" so there we have generate scripts options for QTP,LR,WR etc so wil lthat just create a skeleton or will it generate a scritp for me for the test cases that i have uploaded to the test plan .

I need why this generate option is there .And what is the use of this option .
It will create the skeleton according to your test cases' steps.
Try this: record a script by using qtp. Now log into QC and click on Generate option for some other test case.
Compare the two and you will understand.
Hi,
So it is only to identify from wher ethe scritp has written from which tool thats it rght .
THere is no other use by clicking on the generate script option rght

thanks a lot .
"Knowledge is an ocean any one can one can join the knowledge ocean"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calling a function in a Test Script from a function library anupam4j 3 5,897 06-26-2015, 12:31 AM
Last Post: babu123
  Estimate for preparing a basic test script QTPBeginner48 4 2,788 02-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Last Post: guin.anirban
  Can we access a table element in Script at runtime without a corr. test object? sepgs2004 1 2,907 10-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: anil2u
  QTP Real-time Test Script for sap application kamal262007 1 3,316 10-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Ankesh
  QTP test script can't be used by others hosts charlottevv 1 2,242 08-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: vIns