Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text CheckPoint is not recording correctly
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All,

I recorded a web application using QTP 9.0, but when I inserted checkpoint during recording(Insert --> Checkpoint --> Text CheckPoint)
I am getting no issues but in script I am finding below --

Code:
Browser("BrowserName").Page("PageName").Frame("FrameName").Check CheckPoint("FrameName")
I want Text insteaf of FrameName in Check CheckPoint.
(This particular page contains Frames)

I checked the source code of the page but did'nt found the concerned text in that code, seems developer had hide that. (Is it becoz of this? If Yes then is there any workaround to get text in Check CheckPoint).

Can anyone help me on this.

Regards
Navaid
Navaid -
Place your cursor on the "FrameName" text and right click and click on CheckPoint Properties. Check wether it has the required text you are looking for.

If it does not, try Text Area Checkpoint.

On a contrary note, why havent you upgraded your QTP version to a higher one...Not a mandatory one though, but higher versions give you more feasibility.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks Basanth for your valuable comments I checked in checkpoint properties and found desired text there. So that means there is no issue with script.

Regards
Navaid

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  text checkpoint properties error alp 0 1,051 11-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Last Post: alp
  Need to Validate Text filed is blank after clicking on the Text box balak89 3 4,542 09-13-2015, 12:06 AM
Last Post: ADITI1992
  QTP 11 - GetVisibleText not getting text correctly in windows7 from Activex Pallavi 1 5,572 03-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Last Post: venkatesh9032
  Capture Value through Text Checkpoint and compare with datatable value hamzaz 2 4,444 03-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Last Post: mallika.g
  Recording - Page checkpoint QTPin 1 1,733 11-10-2013, 06:50 AM
Last Post: QTPin