Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Timing Out' problem with QTP / Siebel
Not Solved
I am having an extremely wierd problem when running a script via QTP (8.2 SP2 & 9.5) using the Siebel 8.0 Add-in.

I have the following lines of code...
Code:
[b]1)[/b][i]SiebApplication("Siebel Employee Relationship").SiebScreen("Activity").SiebView("Activities").SiebApplet("Activity").SiebList("List").SiebPicklist("Status").Select "Closed"[/i]

[b]2)[/b][i]Browser("Siebel Employee Relationship").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").Activate[/i]
[b]3)[/b][i]Browser("Siebel Employee Relationship").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").Static("Changing the Status of").Check CheckPoint("Changing the Status of_2")[/i]
[b]4)[/b][i]Browser("Siebel Employee Relationship").Dialog("Microsoft Internet Explorer").WinButton("Cancel").Click[/i]

When the script gets to line 1 it selects the value 'Closed' and the pop-up window appears, but it gets 'stuck' at this point and although the pop-up window is displayed QTP cannot get to it. QTP displays the error 'the request timed out'.

If i stop the script and use 'Run from Step' on lines 2-4 they complete successfully.

I can get past the problem using the 'Recovery Scenario', but i would like to be able to do a checkpoint on the text that is in pop-up box.

Can anyone help? Sad

Siebel is the only Add-in selected.
Not Solved
Hi,
Try using Wait(5) method.
Not Solved
Have tried that... Sad

Regardless of what i have tried this far it get's stuck on line 1

Wait
Sync
Even tried 'SetText' instead of 'Select'
Not Solved
Hi,

Did u find any good solution to this problem as me also facing same issue for very long time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
At Siebel and Oracle Apps Objects Praveenkumar86 0 1,851 05-16-2015, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Praveenkumar86
Exclamation Login & logout in Siebel and clicking pop-up button yuetling926 7 10,692 07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Last Post: hhamilton
  Problem while recording Siebel bar narendravarma 1 2,837 12-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  Siebel Object not getting recorded Shweta Hooda 0 2,001 11-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Shweta Hooda
  Popup not being properly recognised in QTP when used with Siebel application LalithaAkila 9 7,655 09-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Last Post: SailajaKavi