Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To retrieve content of a WEBEDIT object
Not Solved
Hi all !
I am new to the forum & started learning QTP few days back. I want to know how to store value entered in a webedit box duting recording, in object repository. I entered value 'XY' in google search box. It showed up as

Code:
Browser("Google").Page("Google").WebEdit("q").Set "XY"

However, in OR property "value" is blank.

On other hand, if I manually add this WebEdit object means Google Search box using ' 'add object to local' button then GetTOproperty gives me value as XY(though getROProperty still gives property "value" as blank)

Please tell me why value entered in webedit box during recording doesn't get stored in OR.

Thanks for help !
Not Solved
OR is meant to store the properties of the objects in the AUT.
It doesn't store the values that u enter in the Webedit elements (maybe that's how its designed).
However as u mentioned,, u can always get the values using the GetROProperty() method.
Not Solved
Just use Standard Output Value to get the value of the webedit field you should not write the statement directly

Steps :-

1. Click on Record
2. Select Insert and Select Output Value
3. Select Standard Output Value and after selection it will create standard Output Value Statement automatically

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error as Global Not defined while trying to retrieve value from Datatable siddharth1609 0 848 09-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Last Post: siddharth1609
  Cannot retrieve Native property JeL 1 910 07-29-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: JeL
  How to export the output value of a webedit object to a new excel file. mounika6677 1 1,331 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mounika6677
  how to write the content obtained using the method GetPdfText Anisha 1 1,240 11-20-2017, 10:00 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  How to retrieve specied string from text file nsuresh316 1 2,199 06-09-2015, 12:24 AM
Last Post: nsuresh316