Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Track Failed Test Cases
Not Solved
Is there a way to track the test cases that has failed.If i Automate a Test Case and latter when i manually check, i get to see that the test case has failed how do we
get to know using qtp...Can someone help me on this please
Not Solved
If I get your question correctly, maintain a sheet with all the Testcases/scripts and update the status of the testcase in the sheet at the end of each execution. So that you will have the latest status of your test in one place (I would keep a flag to update the status in Excel so that if i am developing a test it doesn't update the status by switching off the flag).

Let me know if you need any help on this.
Thanks,
SUpputuri
Not Solved
Thanks Supputuri for the inputs.Can you please let me know on how we do this.Scenario: I have a test case which is Scheduled to Run on daily basis.Now it runs on a particualar day and generates the results.The Next day when the same test case ran, it fails and using QTP can i get the results of the Test Case which has Failed ...Is there a way to track not by using Excel.Or can i get mails using QTP stating that a Particular Test Case has
Failed.....Can you please let me know on this..
Or going by your say...If i set the flag to update the status in Excel, this again involves a manual check...is there a way to automate this?And if this is
the only alternative how do i set the Flag...Would be gr8 help if i could get a answer for this ..
Not Solved
Log the Pass /Fail Excel sheet is one way . In the QTP script Keep a If (condition ) = true Then Pass Else Fail . please find attached screen shot . The code does below tasks

1) Check the whether observed value and Expected value of my AUT
2)if Fail then send the values in a array as parameter as return value
3)Log the array in excel sheet in another funciton

Please find attached screen shot

Thanks
Bharadwaj

Attached Files Image(s)