Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to Install QTP Trial version
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi All
I am trying to install QTP trial version
When i am running the setup it showed me a message

The following prerequisite programs must be installed before you can install HP Quick Test Professional 10.00

.Net Frame work 2.0
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime components.

At this point i cancelled the installation.My question is i am trying to download the trial version to do a demo for my current application which is in PHP ,MySQl Linux environment .We don't have .net or visual studio .....

So if we buy QTP license in the future is it goign to be a requirement to have .net or visual studio?

Please advise.
Hi Rahika,

Yes ofcourse, without .Net frame work u cant install the QTP because .Net components are supporting components for running the QTP. so u must have .net framework to install the same. I hope this will be a right one...
I don't think so, These are redistributable packages which includes everything required to run an application developed on this.
You can proceed with the installation, this is a one time activity on each machine.
when you will proceed , Both of these packages will be installed on your machine first, restart your machine if prompted. and continue with rest of the installation process.

Yes, For QTP 10.0 it is mandatory to install .NEt Framework 2.0 and greater. I guess you are bit confused with the notation and terminology related to .Net & Visual Studio.

What QTP Requires as a pre-requiste is a mere download from Microsoft site and installed on your machine. Your XP OS comes loaded with .Net Framework 1.1 and greater ( depending upon the service pack ).

You dont need Visual Studio installed. That is for .Net dev work and not for QTP to work. However if your application deals with .NEt and you want to use the pdm.dll then you need to have Visual Studio Installed.

In your case i just see it as a simple download of .Net Framework 2.0 from the Microsoft site and install it. Once done, continue with QTP installation and begin your testing !! This would be the same even if you have a Demo or a Licensed version.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thank you guys for the help.I have successfully downloaded the trial version, going through the tutorial now .
Appreciate all the efforts of Ankur and team !!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT 12.53 trial version not recognizing its sample flight application login/password NehaRB 2 3,601 10-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Last Post: pradeep537
  cannot create java virtual machine on QTP 12.02 version richa5685 0 1,852 02-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: richa5685
  Webfile.set is not working in QTP 11 for chrome browser version 24 pradeep singh 1 4,898 11-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Last Post: mansoor.s.shaikh
  Install HP UFT on Mac OS Ikbal 1 9,083 08-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP QC Software version 11.53 kmuvva 1 3,232 06-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Last Post: vinod123