Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unable to capture value of Webelement which is changing dynamically
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi All,

I am trying to automate a web application developed in Java. Attached is the screenshot. In the screen, I want to capture the value of Issue# which is 12544 in the screen. When I capture the property of the object its seen as Browser-> Page -> WEbElement -> WebTable ->innertext.

But the value of WebTable changes dynamically like WebTable,WebTable_1,WebTable_2. I used regular expression for this and I am trying to capture the value currently as

Code:
Browser("AES - CATS - Login >>").Page("Whitepaper Summary
Page_2").WebElement("Name:=WebTable.*").GetROProperty("innertext")

But I am getting a run-time error saying - The "[ WebElement ]" object's description matches more than one of the objects currently displayed in your application. Add additional properties to the object description in order to uniquely identify the object.

Please can you help me in identifying the object uniquely and capturing the value...

Regards,
Sheetal

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi,
As per the object state mentioned i.e,
Browser-> Page -> WEbElement -> WebTable ->innertext.

Then it will comes like this
Code:
Browser("xxxX").Page("xxxxx").WebElement("xxxx").WebTable("xxxxxx").getcelldata(row,column)

But ur code seems
Code:
Page_2").WebElement("Name:=WebTable.*").GetROProperty("innertext")

Here u were capturing innertext directly from webelement instead of webtable

Finally after getting the cell value then use the Mid function to capture the required value from the cell

Try with this and let me know if u have any issues..
Sheetal -
Can you provide a spyshot of the Webelement ? It is necessary because i believe the name of the webelement is webtable and not a webtable there actually.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks for the replies...

Basanth @ - As u told the WebTable is name of Webelement and not a webTable object as such. I have attached the screenshot.

Venkat@ - Since there is no WebTable object I cannot use the fucntion you have mentioned below.

Sorry for the wrong information. I am attaching the ObjectSPy screenshot. Please can you have a look at it and help me out..

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Sheetal,
Did u try like this
Code:
Browser("xxxX").Page("xxxxx").WebElement("xxxx").WebTable("Issue #").GetRoProperty(“text”)

sorry it is

Code:
Browser("xxxX").Page("xxxxx").WebTable("Issue #").GetRoProperty
(“text”)

use webtable instead of webelement to get the dynamic value
I am unable to use WebTable directly under Page. Please can you suggest any other solution.
try using one more property like index with the name. like-
Code:
Page_2").WebElement("Name:=WebTable.*","index:=1").GetROProperty("innertext")

But your screenshot is showing that webtable("Issue#") has been placed under "Page"

So while adding the object to object repository add this object as webtable, then your problem will resolve
Hi all...Iam stuck up with an issue from three days...could some one help me to understand how to click a security question which changes during every run time...in an other words it changes evry time when i close and open the security questions page
eg : Browser("ABC").Page("abc").Webelement("xyz").Click .... it works for the first time ..but in the nect Run xyz changes to Webelement("123") or Webelement("rrr") and qtp is unable to identify this question and it fails the Script...
(07-30-2012, 01:34 PM)qtp.sandeep Wrote: Hi all...Iam stuck up with an issue from three days...could some one help me to understand how to click a security question which changes during every run time...in an other words it changes evry time when i close and open the security questions page
eg : Browser("ABC").Page("abc").Webelement("xyz").Click .... it works for the first time ..but in the nect Run xyz changes to Webelement("123") or Webelement("rrr") and qtp is unable to identify this question and it fails the Script...

hiee sandeep , did you get solution for this isue. if yes please share with me. because i am stuck in this since 4 days.
thank you

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT issues with Outsystems dynamically generated Id/names jherron 2 1,114 03-02-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Swishy70
  Unable to click on dynamically changing webelement preeti 0 1,688 04-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Last Post: preeti
  Page element keep changing chong67 4 4,271 11-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Paul Rammone
Exclamation WebElement("WebElement").Click is not working sia sharma 7 23,182 09-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Adding data into rows that add dynamically with setcelldata azar81 4 5,637 04-13-2015, 05:24 PM
Last Post: vidya2k2