Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upload QC resources via QTP
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hello there,

I am trying to make QTP and QC perform together and there's one thing missing for me to get a highly automated process.

I have two dependant QTP scripts :
When Script 1 finishes, it saves its datatable to a local directory of the computer where QTP was running.

Script 2 needs this DataTable as an entry to perform operations on another computer.

The problem is that I have to upload in Quality Center the datatable resource from file fomerly saved by Script 1 in the local directory before to launch Script 2.

My question is :
Is there any way to make QTP Script 1 upload automatically QC resource at the end of the script ?

Thanks
Alain

Yes, through OTA API you can upload file in QC an retrieve as well.

Regards,
Parminder
Thanks,
You couldn't have made a shorter answer. But, fortunetaly, I was able to get pieces of code on other posts.

Perhap's someone knows where I could find some complete documentation about OTA API ?

I know how annoying it can be to teach beginners basic things that can be learned through documentation but please, in the future, try to be more explicit.
Hi,

"You couldn't have made a shorter answer." what do u mean by that. You asked for a way and told you the way.

And remember you are asking for help and you should be polite when doing that.

Regards,
Parminder

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can we upload .swf and mp4 file my QTP to any web application silpavinod 0 1,576 10-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Last Post: silpavinod
  Correct syntax for read and load global datatable from Resources tab in QC to QTP hari1024 1 5,006 12-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Last Post: sshukla12
  Upload QTP script on QC CapitanFuturo 1 3,437 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Last Post: CapitanFuturo
  Using QC Resources from QTP jjluna 0 3,167 06-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Last Post: jjluna
  Attach Resources (External Actions) Programattically sukhdeepsinghkohli 1 2,728 04-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Last Post: PrabhatN