Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using QTP to automate FileZilla
Not Solved MyBB 
Hi All, newbie alert,

Does anybody have experience or know if it's possible to use QTP to automate FileZilla FTP transfers? We need to run several hundred of these with different user accounts and file locations, so seems like a good data driven automation candidate, but no idea if the tech is compatible.

Thanks

Rich
Not Solved
Correct me if i am wrong in understanding you requirement.

Do you want to download files through FTP by using QTP ?
Not Solved
Yes, we have a new FTP service which will be accessed using the FileZilla client and we need to test multiple users accessing multiple directories using hundreds of FileZilla transactions. We have to test that each user can only access data which they are permitted to see, so was thinking of automating the operation of the FileZilla gui to take out the repetition for the manual testers.

Thanks.
Not Solved
Filezilla being a freeware tool, it would be unlikely that somebody must have automated it with QTP..However, did you try? are you able to recognize the objects?
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Not Solved
Did you check if you have a web access for your files and folders? I guess it would be easier to automate that ways. I'm not sure if FileZilla could be automated using QTP, by the way you described .
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "How to automate SAP Applications using QTP" suresz449 9 22,632 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Shiva Kumar
  Automate BMC Control M applications using QTP Saranyaciet2 0 2,638 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Saranyaciet2
  Can we automate Forte UDS applications using QTP? premanand1979 0 2,012 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Last Post: premanand1979
  How to automate IVR(interactive voice response) using QTP akhandesh 0 3,114 06-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Last Post: akhandesh
  Want to automate qc using qtp venkatkoritala 1 2,825 03-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: basanth27