Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using regular expression to identify dynamic pages
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,
I'm having a problem getting the browser name and page for a pop up browser.
This is may scenario.
1. Login in the website
2. website will go to inbox in which, the page name is dynamic.
Using the regular expression Browser("micclass:=Browser", "name:=.*").Page("micclass:=Page", "title:=.*"), i did get the page name.
3. clicking the New Message and there will be a pop up browser (there is now 2 browser opened in my desktop).
As i use the same regular expression above, it give me an error which says it is not unique..

Please help me with this.

Thanks in Advance Smile

Hi,
Since ur page is dynamic but there must be some pattern for its name, use regexp for that pattern instead of .*
This might help u.

Regards,
Sankalp
Thanks Sir Sankalp,
By the way, can you give me the exact regular exp. I'm still not familiar in using all regular exp.
The first browser name is "Inbox [123]" and the second browser name is "New Message".
Thanks Sir,
By the way, can you give me the exact regular expression that can be used in identifying 2 browser. I'm still not familiar in using all reg exp.
My 1st browser name is "Inbox[123]"
My 2nd browser name is "New Message"
Hi

Try to use creation time to indentify browsers, it will be easy

Coming to ur Q:

You didnt mention which part is dynamically changing, First of all observe closely and find out which part is changing dynamically and which part is constant then after try to use regularexpressions.
Hi,

What u have told us is bit different, these 2 pagaes are totaly different in their name , nothing as such dynamic. So it will be better to add these pages seperately in OR and go head and 4 the pages which have some comman strings in thier name , go for regex for them.

Regards,
Sankalp
Solve it, thanks to you guys..
I did use the creation time and it works..
Thanks again. Smile
as per research for my problem, creating a description to identify the unique property of the browser will also solve the problem.
Code:
Set oDesc = Description.Create
oDesc("version").Value = "internet explorer.*"
Set oIE = Desktop.ChildObjects(oDesc)
Gerat to hear that problem is resolved.

Regards,
Sankalp
HI All,

Can any one help me with the Syntaxe's for

1) creation time
2) Indexes
3) Location

In descriptive programming

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Any digit in xpath path using Regular expression Priyam 1 3,251 10-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Regular expression to read two words in lowercase, uppercase and with and without spa sarahq49 1 3,193 04-09-2015, 01:56 AM
Last Post: sarahq49
  Regular expression and script optimisation Padmavathy 1 3,612 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Regular expression in descriptive programming testernc 1 16,389 12-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: anshika.agarwal
  need a regular expression. anu05446 0 3,008 11-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: anu05446