Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verifying HTML doc with QTP...???
Not Solved
I have an web based application that provides a template form (whole page) of all the data entered in the previous screens.

The template is displayed in the form of "HTML Document". I found it by right clicking on the template and properties. The type was "HTML document".

Winrunner was unable to work on this section of the application.

All our scripts are in "Descriptive Programming" by coding them. We are not using any inbuilt checkpoints of QTP. We are implementing Dynamic CPs.

Now i need to verify whether the expected data is displayed in my template. When the template section is recognized with QTP, each and every line in the HTML doc is displayed as "Webelement".
This makes things more difficult.
Say eg:
At the top of the template i have the sentence as:
"The value you have entered are"
Then in the later portion of the template, i have the same text "The value you have entered are" shown.

If i need to verify the presence of text at both the places, i need to verify whether these webelements "exists" in template.

Since i'm not using Obj Repo for this webelement, i suspect Desc programming will always pass even if the above text is present only in one section of template.

I need to verify the data dynamically.
How can i work on this section.
Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Swami
Not Solved
HI swamy

I am sorry , I did nt get your example, But as i understood..

U need to verify the web element information. any way u r not using the object reposiotry...

verify the web element position if it is always same then identify the web element with it's abs_y value .

and then easily u can retrive the text contain to that web element and u can match with u r expected result.

I am sorry if i give a example for wrong scenario

Vamshi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dynamic obj rep - get text in the class (html) marcio cravo moreira 0 2,038 05-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Last Post: marcio cravo moreira
  regular expression in html sujaravi123 0 2,201 12-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Last Post: sujaravi123
Sad Save data from pdf file to a word doc Amar 0 2,400 12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Amar
  Excel to HTML results keerthi286 1 2,561 04-19-2013, 08:21 AM
Last Post: basanth27
  if double quotes comes in outer html sujaravi123 3 6,565 10-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Last Post: harishshenoy