Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Complex Web Testing
Not Solved Smile 
I am testing a web app that was created in-house.  I have succesfully automated the log in page, the menu page and even a page where the user selects several workflow combinations from 3 dropdowns.

I have to test all of these combinations.  I have successfully had UFT select each combination and go to the actual workflow page and take a snapshot.  My idea here was, to look at every snapshot and list every web object. Each screen is unfortunately very unique.  

Instead of screenshots, I really need to programatically list every object and I might as well add them to the Object Repository at run-time because they will need to be added anyway.  The screenshot method was taking way too long.  I could get done with maybe 2 or 3 screens a day.  They are very complicated.  If it makes things easier, I believe ALL objects are on any of the screens, but they are simply disabled and not visible.

I have found no real good examples of how to collect ALL objects at runtime and add them to the Object Repository.  Can anyone please assist me?

There are over 200 combinations of workflow screens.  The team that wrote the app is long gone and it was written on the fly with no requirements whatsoever.  So we are testing as is and having the users sign off saying it is currently working as expected (or in some cases, the developers need to make a fix and my script will change accordingly).

Thank you very much
Not Solved
Have tried using auto-learning option in the OR Manager. Make sure to configure the object types before using this option, rather adding all the unnecessary objects to OR.

Let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks,
SUpputuri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Testing and Unexpected Server Errors zunebuggy 0 1,164 01-24-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: zunebuggy
  Testing Web Services sohalshah 10 8,219 04-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Tp123
  QTP Automation testing steps for .net web applications? Ramadas 0 2,171 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Ramadas
  Web Services Testing using QTP VVKumar 0 1,846 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Last Post: VVKumar
Rolleyes Web Testing adityapant27 9 4,495 12-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Last Post: adityapant27