Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to check if a table is visible
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 4 Weeks ago
I need a better way to check if a table is visible or not. Currently, if the WebTable is not visible, I open it. I determine which WebTable is needed by finding the "html id" but so far, my code always triggers.

My code is such:

Code:
NGNum = Browser("Wisdom").Page("Wisdom IA").Frame("parent").WebTable("innertext:=" & GroupName &".*", "visible:=True").WebTable("innertext:=" & "Document Type.*", "visible:=True").GetROProperty("html id")

If Not Browser("Wisdom").Page("Wisdom IA").Frame("parent").WebTable("innertext:=" & GroupName &".*").WebTable("innertext:=" & "Document Type.*", "visible:=True", "html id:=" & NGNum ).Exist(0) Then
                Browser("Wisdom").Page("Wisdom IA").Frame("parent").Link("name:=" & GroupName, "visible:=True").Click
Can anyone give me a better idea?

thx ;-)
Code:
set desc=description.create
desc("micclass").value="WebTable"
desc("innertext").value="GroupName.*"
desc("visible").value="True"

If b().p().webtable(desc).exist then
Browser("Wisdom").Page("Wisdom IA").Frame("parent").Link("name:=" & GroupName, "visible:=True").Click
end if
Rajpes,

You always give me such great ideas to try, including this time, thank you.

However, ;-) for whatever reason, even though I cant see the table, visible always will equal True. The code always is found to be True even if the table is hidden to the eye.

So I chatted with the developer on how they view and hide tables when we are looking at them.

His responce: "Look for the object with the name=“NestedGridx”. Check to see if there is a “style” property on that object. We are setting:

• style=”display:none;” – to hide the table
• style=”display:block;” – to show the table

If none of that exists, then QTP is probably providing an equivalent object/property with a different name – like a “visible:=True” which under the covers really is style=”display:block;”. All I can give you is what is actually happening in Image Access. From there, you’ll have to dig into QTP help to figure out how it exposes this."

I of course can see the Property of visble using QtP. I tried set to False then my code is always skipped, if True the code always run.

Have you had any similar issues to resolve before?

thx Rajpes
check if any of these works
Code:
if  b().p().webtable().object.style="display:none;" then msgbox "hidden table"
if  b().p().webtable().object.currentstyle="display:none;"then msgbox "hidden table"
Thx Rajpes

With a little more resarch of your solution, i beleive i figured it out;

If Browser().Page().Frame().WebTable( "html id:=" & NGNum ).object.style.display = "none" Then

thx, ur the best

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [UFT 12.52/VBScript] Test object exist, is visible and enabled before take an action sparkwanted 0 3,444 02-07-2017, 12:28 AM
Last Post: sparkwanted
Exclamation Retrieve the complete height and width of a browser beyond the visible part as wel learnQtptips 0 2,014 05-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post: learnQtptips
  Disabled Webelement is showing up as Visible =True in GUI Spy Shwethareddy 3 3,612 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
Question Get total links visible on a webpage Sanjay_DP 5 6,079 02-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Parke
  How to check for duplicate rows/items in table? Aestival 10 13,160 02-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Last Post: chandrashekhar_g