Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WebElementobject's description matches more than one of the objects
Not Solved
HI,

I am trying to Automate the logon button using static DP.

My code is like below:

Code:
Browser("title:=****").Page("title:=****").WebElement("htmltag:=***").Click

The "[ WebElement ]" object's description matches more than one of the objects currently displayed in your application. Add additional properties to the object description in order to uniquely identify the object.

When i am using the above code ,getting the below error. I have tried adding index and checked,not getting the error but not clicking on the logon button.

Please suggest me what are the steps to resolve the above issue.

Thank you,

Sumanth
Not Solved
Hi Sumanth,
Before doing it via DP please try once using recording option and then check for the objects projects captured in the OR. try to use regular expression and add few more properties to identify.
Not Solved
Hi,

I have added the objects in OR and tried ,it is working fine. I have added few more properties also ,still the same error .Also added the index ,now no error but not clicking on logon button. Please let me know what needs to be done to solve the below issue using DP.

The "[ WebElement ]" object's description matches more than one of the objects currently displayed in your application. Add additional properties to the object description in order to uniquely identify the object.

Thanks.
Not Solved
is it possible to share the screenshot of that objects properties?
Not Solved
Hi,

I am unable to attach a screen shot.
Not Solved
ok no probs. did you try with adding additional properties to identify that object?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Property values in Description objet throw Excel Sheet devarapallliramana 3 2,865 03-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  error with msdn's description of overwrite value of CreateTextFile ?? anu05446 1 2,416 03-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Description about Types of Ordinal Identifier abhijit.airforce 1 2,360 12-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
Sad Empty Server description SAP GUI 7.20 with QTP11 sylvester618 2 4,548 09-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  object's description matches more than one sia sharma 9 14,975 10-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Last Post: sia sharma