Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website's Security Certificate on IE7
Not Solved
Hi,

I am currently trying to automate the testing of a website. My problem is that when I load the web page I get an error "There is a problem with this website's security certificate".

I have been through all of the IE settings to try and disable it from checking for the cert but none of them work.

In light of this I was wondering if anyone would be able to give some information on how to get QTP to be able to access the the buttons on the error page - "Continue to this website (not recommended)" so I can by pass the problem, without having to intervene manually?

At the moment I have the broswer added to the Object Repository but it only gives me one page class titled "Certificate Error: Navigation". This highlights the error page, but doesnt allow access to the buttons needed in order to bypass the error page.

Also, I cannot seem to get QTP to recognoise any of the menu buttons across the top of the IE application.

As noted in the subject, I am currently using IE7, but I had similar problems with IE6. I am also using QTP version 9.2

If anyone has any ideas that might be useful, please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Luke
Not Solved
Have a look at the recovery scenario manager.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Security Warning in Outlook automation priyaang 2 3,630 02-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Last Post: priyaang
  automate a website which has flash objects. rohithaithal 0 1,630 12-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Last Post: rohithaithal
  Webservice error "Certificate is required to complete client authentication" pranjalipalkar 0 3,975 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Last Post: pranjalipalkar
  How to Automate and maintain of a Highly Dynamic E Commerce Website?? shibinsundaran 0 1,965 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Last Post: shibinsundaran
  QTP 11 and IE9 Certificate Error geethwind 1 4,783 09-30-2011, 04:33 AM
Last Post: geethwind