Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is split a action and what is the use of it?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi All,

Please tell me what is split an actiona and what is the use of Split an action.

Actually some basices I have read but I dont know in detail like:
1. Object repository behaviour in case of nested actions and independent actions.
2. what is the use of split an action command and whats the difference b/w 2 independent actions and splitted actions.

Thanks,
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Weeks ago
when we do a record in QTP and if it is done as a whole script, then later if we spilt the whole script in different parts based on their functionality the it is called as a 'Split Action'.

There can be two types of Splits
-Independent
-Nested

There can be multiple split actions which could be independent to each other, say for example if you have recorded the google and covered all the options like Images, web, books, gmail, maps etc which can be splitted individually and thus will be called as 'independent spilt'.

at the same time if you have splitted several functionalities which can be put under a single action then it will be a nested split. for example you have a functionality recorded on an application like our testing tools forum, all the different categories like Regualar Expressions, Beginners, descriptive etc. can be put under 'QTP'and that is a nest and thus the spilit is called as 'Nested'.

Hope this helps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Suggestion required dtest 0 2,095 06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Last Post: dtest
Wink How to Use Split Function using the Following Example? subramanianmsc2007 2 4,265 02-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  reusable action called inside another reusable action in qtp ritugoyal 0 2,471 05-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Last Post: ritugoyal