Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which environment is the best to test web application
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi all,

Now, i'm testing a web application by QTP. I run it through internet (https://...). Sometimes, the application display "Can not find the page...". So i think the reason maybe caused from internet connection problem, and then it's not the best environment to test with QTP. And i think the best when testing any application is the local environment. I mean that, it's not depend on Internet connection. Right?

Can any one give me an advice?
Thanks,
linhke
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hard question. IMO its a matter of preference and experience. Creating, managing, and maintaining a local web testing platform (http server, dns, network, etc) can take a lot of work, time, and money and there are many ways to do it such as dedicated servers or virtual machines, windows, linux......the list goes on. While you may not have a dependency on an external internet connection, there is a lot more that you do have to have working. You also have to have a copy of the code and possible a database, which you may not be able to get depending on your relationship with the site developers.

A hosted setup removes all the internal requirements and does have the external dependency issue but requires a lot less for you to maintain. Plus, you don't have to have anything other than the URL/site for your testing. This may be the only way again depending on your relationship with the developers.

I hope this helps.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  webfile web object not identified at runtime in a java application saila123 1 2,650 02-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Kirill
Smile find out of spelling error in Web application deveshbhatt29 1 2,072 01-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Maheep_bhambri
  How to retrieve ArrayList saved in Environment Variable Gautam26 8 4,438 11-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: ssvali
  C# Environment property using QTP API asuteau 0 3,863 08-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Last Post: asuteau
  Array as User-Defined Environment Variables Arena 3 4,126 04-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Last Post: sshukla12