Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window check
Not Solved
I am trying to do a check point similar to win_exists in Winrunner

Code:
If  not Browser("Car").Page("Page").Exist(3)
then do something ..
End If

This does not work. I have no idea why. The window ALWAYS exists .. Is there another method I can use?
Not Solved
Its a Webapplication or Window application?
Not Solved
Web application ..
Not Solved
I presume that you are using OR.
In the Object Repository, disable smart identification for this page object and add more properties like title, etc.
And your code should work fine.
Not Solved
I will give it a try .. Thanks
Not Solved
The Smart Identifier was already disabled. What is best practice for the web? Should I enable or disable?
Not Solved
Well, it depends on what one is trying to achieve.
If you are are using .Exist, then its better to disable smart identification.

In your case, do one more thing.
Open OR and highlight the objects. For instance, if you have one browser(google) and two pages (google, and inbox).
navigate to google page and click on highlight for page inbox in OR.
If it highlights the page, that means you need to add more properties like title, etc.
It should only recognize the inbox page.
Got it?
Not Solved
I have anther problem. When I change Enable Smart ID to False in the Object - Repository All Object Repositories window it changes back to True when I close the OR window and reopen it. Since there is no save option I tried saving the project again.. and that did not work. Any ideas? It almost looks like it's a bug
Not Solved
Try this,
Go to Tools-> Object Identification. Select Environment as Web,and check whether Enable Smart Identification is Unchecked for Test Object Classes.I think this will resolve your problem.
Not Solved
1. Every Test object had the Enable Smart ID option. Do you mean to un-check that option for everyone or just the one I am having trouble with?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to call Java window and Power Builder Window in 1 Action sbkhbk 0 2,442 06-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sbkhbk
  qtp 11 not recording window within a window kp_usa 0 2,276 12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Last Post: kp_usa
  QTP Opens a popup window but won't recognize the buttons in the window Blaster0007 4 7,639 07-20-2012, 12:03 AM
Last Post: sree.85
  Not able to see the Check point properties window Uma 1 2,253 10-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Last Post: ravi.gajul