Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
help about CreateObject
Not Solved
Code:
systemutil.Run "iexplore.exe","http://www.mail.yahoo.com"
browser("title:=Yahoo.*").page("title:=Yahoo.*").webtable("name:=login.*").webedit("name:=login","html tag:=INPUT").set "xyz"
browser("title:=Yahoo.*").page("title:=Yahoo.*").webtable("name:=login.*").webedit("name:=passwd","html tag:=INPUT").set "abc"
browser("title:=Yahoo.*").page("title:=Yahoo.*").webbutton("name:=Sign In").click
hi im swetha ....this above script itzz opening yahoo page but not typing username and password...whtzz d problm in dizz code?
Not Solved
The format of 'CreateObject' function is:

CreateObject(servername.typename)

please tell me from where can I retrieve the 'servername' of applications.

e.g. generally we use-

1) 'Excel.Application' for MS Excel (why haven't we used MSExcel.Application?)
2) 'InternetExplorer.Application' for Internet Explorer (why didn't we use IExplorer.Application?)
Not Solved
Those are ProgIDs . Check the list of commonly used ProgIds here http://www.winscripter.com/WSH/COM/61.aspx
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Not Solved
Hi.. Sreesswatha i have joined today only i saw ur query and done some R&d and found that webedit object doesn't have webtable object as its parent, so remove the webtable parent object from your code then run the script. it will work fine i tried it

Bye
S_shiva
Not Solved

Thanks for nice infomation it is helpful
Not Solved
Code:
dim objexplorer, pagina, pagina2
set objexplorer     = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
objexplorer.visible = true
objexplorer.navigate "http://www.google.it"
Set pagina = description.Create()
pagina("micclass").value= "Page"
Set pagina2= objexplorer.childobjects(pagina)

now try by executing above script
Not Solved
A Description Object in QTP is a collection of test object property and value pairs. Each object in the app classifies to be part of a collection. It is a very powerful approach to create object collections – each object in the collection will resemble each other by the property-value pairs specified by a description object.

Code:
Set oDesc = Description.Create

Description.Create is used to create a 0-based Properties collection object. The variable oDesc is preceded by the Set statement. Usage of Set statement binds an object as a reference to another object. Therefore, oDesc becomes an object reference to the description object represented by Description.Create. A description object does not have a stand-alone use, but coupled with the ChildObjects method, it becomes an extremely powerful approach in dealing with AUT’s objects.
Not Solved
Hi Shusheel,

Please use regular expression in the recorded property values of the objects in OR. i.e. TeScreen("screen28888") , TeField("field167") 
Suppose if the value for Name property is screen28888 then make it as screen\d+ so it will match all screens with name as "sceen....."
Apply this change to every recorded object description.

Thanks,
Arun
Not Solved
Hi Sir/Mam,

Can any one tell me how to post a new query in this forum. As I am fresher in my company joined as an Automation. I know only basics, to get clarification and good information from seniors and experts of this forum.

Thanks
Anusha
Not Solved
Dear Anusha,

You may go to this link and find out the relevent article as per your need https://www.learnqtp.com/forums/index.php
If you need to ask anything related to a particular post, you can post your query in the same post and members would reply on your query.

Happy learning!! :-)
Arun

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Detail info about createObject() nandu 1 3,944 11-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Saket
  Need list of "objects" used in qtp by using "CreateObject" SaranKumarV 2 15,321 09-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Last Post: SaranKumarV
  What is the exact meaning of CreateObject() Rajashekar Gouda 1 5,104 01-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Ankur