Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
index identifier
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hello,

web application i'm working on is pretty dynamic, images and controls reload differently as per action.

there is one image that is always visible and at times can have multiple copies inside the page.

i tried to identify it using "index = 1" as "index = 0" is always present, so i need to check "1"

but if the second image does not exist, QTP returns me with the same image object which is always present, even though i've declared the index as 1...

what exactly is going on here? extremely confused about it, i've worked my way around it temporarily but need some suggestions to understand this issue better...
was the question too complicated that no one understood or no one knew the answer to this one Sad Sad
Hi,

There is nothing strange in this. this is what QTP does. If u have 2 images and based on different index it will identify both the images respectively but when single image only exists then there is no use of index property, so based on the mandatory properties it will give you the single image only.

Let me know if some more help is required.

Regards,
Sankalp
Thanks a lot Smile

that is what i understood about it too, just wanted to make sure if what i understood was correct or not... Smile

Regards.
Glad to hear it clears ur doubt.

Regards,
Sankalp

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to click on the WebButton with specified Index srach84 2 4,051 03-31-2015, 04:36 AM
Last Post: srach84
  QTP is not identifying table with column names property but its identifing with index Anuradha B 1 2,829 02-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Kirill
  Can we set ordinal identifier at runtime qtplearner88 1 3,400 07-31-2013, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  QTP recognizing every JavaEdit as "VTextField" having different index values. K Gaurav Varshney 1 2,203 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Last Post: krr
  How to increment the Index number of table. branjitk 0 2,174 07-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Last Post: branjitk