Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there any setting to avoid "_2" being added to a object name, while recording
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi,

If I record for the first time, objects will be added to the object repository. After this, when I save it and 2nd day If I again start recording, for the same object, it creates a new hierarchy by adding "_2", "_3" for browser and page. How to avoid it.
e.g.
BrowserName
|_PageName
|_Object1Name
BrowserName_2
|_PageName
|_Object1Name
|_Object2Name
|_PageName_2
|_Object1Name
Hi blanchedsouza,

Just apply regular expressions for Browser,pagename,Objname' s title/name properties...

I hope ur prob. will be solved....

let me know if you are having any issues.....
Hi sreekanth,

For me problem is, none of my description properties is changing, but still it adds new logical name to browser and page.
probably you have multiple browser windows(your app) open at the same time while recording.
QTP in that case will assign "creation time" ordinal identifier to every new browser window and hence will change the name.
Want to fast track your QTP/UFT Learning? Join our UFT Training Course
Like Ankur said in the above post, there might be multiple browsers or
IEProcess must have been running in the backend. Go to task manager and close Iexplore.exe process. Now open QTP and then the browser and record.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting a Value in SAPList nivdhi 5 6,679 02-19-2020, 01:51 AM
Last Post: balahex
  Changing System Display Setting and Resolution using UFT or VB script or any code srikanthbura 0 2,429 09-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Last Post: srikanthbura
  How to avoid system lock while running Windows Based Application SaranKumarV 6 21,046 03-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Last Post: blr.moin@gmail.com
  Bad Length Error on Setting values in SAPGUIEdit Ankesh 1 5,058 12-24-2014, 07:00 PM
Last Post: manishk
  Setting up QTP on Terminal Server timletap 0 2,279 09-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Last Post: timletap