Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qtp doesn't capture ssp objects
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Exclamation 
Hi All,

My Client asked me to explain this.PLease could you help in this?
Dev

I am interested in understanding this statement

qtp doesn't capture ssp objects
Could you look to see if this is true and if possible what we need to do to capture the object.
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Sure we can, However, would you ask dev back this question,

1. What is ssp ?
2. what platform is the application built on ?
3. Is ssp a windows control, web control or some kind of hybrid third party control ?

Several more to ask, but lets take the first step before we leap ahead.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Many Thanks Basanth.I will come up with answers to these questions
Hello Basanth/All
Here is the answers,we got.Can you please help now?

1. What is SSP? SSP is a Software house application for brokers to generate policy. Its full form is software solutions providers

2. What platform is the application built on ? informix based application which is build on unix based platform

3. Is SSP a windows control, web control or some kind of hybrid third party control ? Runs on windows system but it is just exe, the base platform for the application is unix
Devkanth -
You are basically trying to get a mountain from a mole-hill. It does not happen in a day neither does it happen just over this forum in the posts. Look, what you need to do is a comprehensive study of your AUT alongwith the tool you have and then find it out if it is feasible to automate. If you ask me, can we automate unix, my answer would be yes. But if you ask me can we do it using QTP, my answer would be still yes but it is not a direct GUI automation. There are several factors involved here, which probably you may need to dig through to find out.

All i would say is, take one step at a time towards automating. First find your base, then re-group and then launch whatever you want to do. On course you come across questions, feel free to fire them at us, we are more than many to help you out.

Cheers mate and good luck in your venture.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Thanks Basanth for all the information you provided.

Sorry to bother you again.
Please can you answer my last query on this?

Does QTP support Informix-4GL application?

Thanks in advance
Devkant
Never mind Dev. No botheration in this. It is just a guiding path for you to start off from.

Well, honestly i am not sure if QTP supports Informix-4GL because i have never come across that so far. Maybe somebody else on the forum should be able to help you out.

If nobody responds for a time beyond which you cannot wait, please get going and contact HP support to see if they can help you.
Basanth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Object doesn't support this property or method takecharge 1 1,343 11-13-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: stormbringer
  QTP 11.5 doesn't identify swf objects arpan 2 2,684 01-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Last Post: arpan
Question Capture Entire Web page through QTP learnQtptips 2 11,539 07-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  SQL on oracle database doesn't return a value Bluefields 2 3,052 07-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Bluefields
  Not able to capture the web objects tejesh 2 2,495 05-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Last Post: falvi