Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qtp sometimes does not application link
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Hi, i am new to qtp, i am working on maitaining qtp scripts for our web browser application. we received a new version of the application, when i run our automoated scripts. qtp randomly not recognising the weblink or webedit fields of the applicaiton. I use ojbect spy and can not point to the link (it always return the page of the application)

we are useing qtp version 9.5 build 194. we launched qtp from qc.

thanks
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Jenny,
your problem is pretty subjective. It is like saying " one of the fish in the ocean is missing, it is grey and small". It is difficult to find it..aint it ?

So, you will need to come up with specifics. A lot depends on how you ignite the execution from QC and how is the machine for QTP setup to recieve the request. If it is only weblink and webedit then you will need to debug to find out why exactly at that point it fails, it is un-natural aint it ? Maybe other objects are upset too, maybe not.

Never keep the application open when QTP opens up, thats a lead you need to look for.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need QTP 9.5 link chowdary2004msc 0 1,183 02-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: chowdary2004msc
  Link in application laura 4 3,062 08-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Last Post: basanth27
  Link object in QTP thirunas 2 2,653 01-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Last Post: thirunas