Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swfwindow object name getting changed after each run
Not Solved
Hello,

I have a windows based application that looks like attached(SWFWindow.jpg).

Everytime i spy objects inside this window using object spy and try to add objects to my repository it gives a new name to the parent window
for example if i try to add a combo box on this page to the repository, for the first time it gets saved in the repository as :
 SwfWindow("Volvo Product Simulator").SwfComboBox("comboBox1")
but when i run this script, it complains that object cannot be found. On spying it again, it shows it as

SwfWindow("Volvo Product Simulator_2").SwfComboBox("comboBox1")
on the third time as 
 SwfWindow("Volvo Product Simulator_3").SwfComboBox("comboBox1")

and so on ........

Please help why is this happening ?

Attached Files Image(s)

Not Solved
Sounds like multiple instances of the object being created so it's incrementing the name in order to be able to tell the difference.

I'm guessing that your script isn't killing off the object fully, so when it goes to launch in a subsequent run then it increments the name and your static naming doesn't recognise it following the launch.

Although I stress I'm new to all this so you may want to wait for someone else to confirm if my thinking is correct.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QTP not recogonising object during run time Lavanya N 2 3,527 10-28-2015, 12:46 PM
Last Post: vinod123
  QTP11.0 - Date format is changed as text while executing the QTP script. Automation Tester 1 3,904 05-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Tarik Sheth
  General run error. Line (18): "Loop while Browser("Index:=0").Object.Busy" AshokReddy 3 4,784 12-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Last Post: sshukla12
  SwfWindow recognized as Window chrono160 6 22,714 02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Last Post: praveendasika
  Run Error: Cannot find Object's parent anupam4j 3 6,455 09-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sshukla12