Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unable to identify the object
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
Hi ,

i have downloaded the QTP trial 10.0 tool and selected the VB and ActiveX free addins.
My test application consist of VB with ActiveX componets
but When i try to list the properties by spying the objects then I am able to see less properties. Howevre when i access the same objects using rational Robot then I am able to see more properties. even the properties listed through QTP are less understandable.

Is it because of free addins might have limitation and i will have to buy new VB addIns ?

Thanks
Ramesh Tahiliani
If you can tell us which object you are spying through QTP and Rational Robot and what properties you dont find in QTP.
I dont think there is any limitation with existing Built-in(not free) VB Addin and not any other vb Addin is available, if you AUT is developed with .Net then you will need .Net Addin.

Hi saket,
Thanks for the reply

I have attached the snashot for the object i am trying to acces in AUT and also attached the property list from QTP and Robot
please have a look.

Attached Files
.doc   QTP_Robot.doc (Size: 114.5 KB / Downloads: 76)
OK, now I got it, Yes this will definitely happen with each automation tool when you will try. each tool has its own criteria to identify the objects and so the difference will be there. Only thing we need to understand that how we can use these properties to automate AUT. You see there are enough properties there in QTP spy to handle your object, if you need any other property of your object that can also be retreived by some or other way.

Also I would like to point here is if you take a closer look on QTP spy, it provides all the properties categorised and methods as well required for automation of object. Have you looked at Run Time properties?
give it a try and let us know if you face any issue.
I will suggest to search this forum to learn more about QTP.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UFT unable to identify Java app objects consistently lester 1 1,774 07-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Ankur
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 1 2,389 06-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Cannot identify the object "Webtable" korunu 0 1,635 05-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: korunu
  Unable to Identify Firefox Dialog rsrohit55 0 2,191 05-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: rsrohit55
  QTP "Cannot identify the object" richardpaulhall_2 3 13,318 08-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Last Post: ADITI1992