unix
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago
hi all

i want some help in unix since i have inerview and they want unix knowledge

plz can anyone tell what r the activities that a tester has to perform on unix

thanks a lot

Priya -
I bet by now your interview must be complete. If for further interviews you are looming for an answer this isint the right forum where you will find the answer for your question.
If still you have a question which is qtp on unix or anything to do with qtp then you are most welcome to post your questions under the appropriate category.
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
ofcourse i know this is not the right place for my question but i was in so tense/hurry/stressed
and i was used to using this blog i dint thinck much before i posted

anyways my interview was done
dint get a single question about unix

rather i got this

what u will do if client say u din't tested the application properly ?
what kind of report u will generate

i din't answered properly and ........
here i am again gaining knowledge
Priya -
Allright. Now that you understand, Let me move this to the category "Interview questions".
You have the right spirit. So, dont worry about the outcome of the interview.

The question although sounds horrendous, could possible make sense in a chaotic project which possibly could be the reason the interviewer posed it to you. Well, if the client told me you have not tested it properly inspite of the Test coverage report, test cases and a multi million lined test documents, i believe the client has no budget to support the test team further. In simple words, i would definitely present the test coverage report and the tracebility matrix and let them know that when we signed off this is what we have baselined and agreed upon.

What kind of report you would generate - should be answered above.

@ All,
These are questions framed by interviewers who really are not sure what kind of candidate they need or who were not sure how to answer the questions back when asked by the clients. Never be demotivated or let your spirits down because you did not answer these kind of questions. Software testing as a whole is like picking stones on a mountain. Nobody is certain how to handle cases until they really are into it. When you are posed such questions it is always good to probe back the interviewer and ask him several questions like,
1. What are you specifically looking at?
2. If the client has to ask that question, is it before sign off or after sign off?
etc..etc..Make sure, you dont lose your cool and keep your head high as always !!!
Basanth
Give a fish to a man and you feed him for a day..Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for life.
Wow
That was exactly what i needed now
Encouragement

Thank u so much
Well I too am on the same boat these days... I hope you got the answers to you unix knowledge..
anyone who wants to learn unix basic commands, then get a linux distro on your system and google for unix command cheat sheets and try few things on bash shell...