Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Navigation between multiple applications
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I have two web applications and i am trying to navigate from one to the other and back again... How do i do this because the manuals don't detail this action?
Hi Andrew,

[color]You have to store the Links in DataTable and then using looping you can re-navigate back to the previous link.

Regards,

Deepak.
[/color]
you can use Browser.Navigate again to navigate other url.
you can use back method as well
see the example below
Code:
'Navigate first url
Browser("Login").Navigate "http://www.learnqtp.com"

'Navigate to another
Browser("Login").Navigate "https://www.learnqtp.com/forums"

'again back to fisrt
Browser("Login").Navigate "http://www.learnqtp.com"

'or  you can use back as well
Browser("Login").Back

I am a beginner to QTP (2 days) can you explain in more detail please

Thank you for your time and support
To navigate to another url you will have to use Navigate method of Browser object.
So when you are open with an application and you need to navigate to another then you should use Navigate method again withe the required url. or if your test case allows you can use Back method as well.
have you looked at the example above in the earlier post.

what Deepak is trying to say is much advanced to this, in case you have many url needs to open and back to the earlier one
the you can use datatable to store the links and use as per your need with navigate method.

i will suggest you use the simple one first.

Hi Saket,

Thanks for your reply. Your method would be much easier solution for the above said query.

Andrew : You can use Saket's Idea for your purpose. If you want to get more advance way, then DataTable is one of the way you can access Multiple URL's and backforth.

Regards,

Deepak
Thank you for your replys. Much appreciated but i've tried the code and it doesn't work. Any ideas or step by step guides?

I have below the error message that keeps appearing on the screen when i am trying to navigate from one web browser to another.

Run Error
The "Login" Browser object was not found in the Object Repository.
Check the Object Repository to confirm that the object exists or to find the correct name for the object.

Line (17): "Browser("Login").Navigate "https://test/program/UI/Content/"".

Tip: If the objects in your application have changed, the Maintenance Run Mode can
help you identify and update your steps and/or the objects in your repository.

Thanks again for your help
The code was just an example. you should modify as per your repository before using it.

as the error say object is not in repository, so you will need to add a browser object in the repository and name it 'login'
or replace 'Login' in Browser("login") with the object that you have in oR

Hi Andrew,

You can also use the below ones. It will work even if you dont store any Objects in Repository.

Code:
Browser("CreationTime:=0").Navigate "www.google.com"

Browser("CreationTime:=0").Navigate "www.w3schools.com"

Browser("CreationTime:=0").Navigate "www.google.com"

Regards,

Deepak.
Deepak you are a star

Thanks for the code it worked

Andy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "How to automate SAP Applications using QTP" suresz449 9 22,634 09-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Shiva Kumar
  Automate BMC Control M applications using QTP Saranyaciet2 0 2,639 05-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Saranyaciet2
  Can we automate Forte UDS applications using QTP? premanand1979 0 2,016 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM
Last Post: premanand1979
  QTP UFT supports Extjs and Treegrid Applications Lokanadham 0 2,457 08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Lokanadham
  Import multiple values from excel into QTP Shaik Ahmed 2 3,264 03-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Shaik Ahmed