Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QTP Script execution on Remote Machine
Not Solved
Hi Ankur,

I came across a strange problem, while automating script. Please find the scenario as below.

Scenario: I want to automate the script in such a way that, I have two machines
Machine 1: with QTP and Application A running on it
Machine 2: without QTP and Application B

Note: Application A you have to follow a process which will send a msg to Application B, based on the status of msg Application B follows the process and upon completion send one acknowledgement msg to Application A. Application A and Application B can not open on same machine due to performance issues.
I want to automate the script in such a way, where I will execute the first part (related with Application A) on Machine 1 and then remotely login on to Machine 2 follow the remaining part of Application B on Machine 2. After that close the remote connection and again continue next part related Application A from Machine 1.
Restriction: I have only one QTP installed on Machine 1.
Problem:
1.How can we connect remotely on second machine and execute the script.
2.If we can connect somehow how to execute the steps from Machine 1 on Machine 2 as OR is on Machine 1.

Hoping for immediate response from you or other members.

Thanks
Rahul Garibe

Messages In This Thread
QTP Script execution on Remote Machine - by rgaribe - 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to execute Remote Agent witout ALM? CharlieMadrid 0 1,071 05-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: CharlieMadrid
  Running UFT scripts on a remote machine with no UFT installed on the Remote machine anupam4j 0 2,841 01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: anupam4j
  Issues while uft script execution AAB 4 4,524 10-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Last Post: supputuri
  Backup of QTP scripts and SOR from QC to Local machine. blazerrules 0 3,086 06-05-2014, 05:16 AM
Last Post: blazerrules
  QTP - VMWare execution from Local machine JoshiCM 0 2,983 04-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: JoshiCM