Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Unable Allocate the Memory
Solved: 10 Years, 10 Months ago
We have run into this quite a number of times. We have a support contract with a 3rd party (not HP) and they had several recommendations for us:

1) If you create objects in your script (Description objects are one example), be sure to set the object variable to null when you're doing with it. HP blames this on the debugging software from Microsoft that they use.

2) QTP has memory leaks in general. When running test sets from Quality Center, there is a setting that lets you restart QTP after a specified number of tests. We have that set to 3 right now. This closes QTP and re-opens it, which cleans up any memory leaks.

3) I use "Run from Step" a lot and I use the debugger a lot. The debugger has memory leaks, so we save our scripts often when we're editing them (like after every significant change).

4) turn off screen capture ("save movie to results") if you don't need it. We use it when we run test sets via QC, but only when necessary when developing scripts from our own machines. Since we have QC restart QTP after every 3 test runs, it isn't a problem for our unattended runs.

It seems like as soon as I start using the debugger a lot and doing "Run from Step" often, I can can go for about 15 or 20 minutes, then I risk getting an "out of memory" error.

This has been my experience so far. Perhaps others will come up with some other answers & suggestions too.

Messages In This Thread
Unable Allocate the Memory - by JyotiRanjan - 03-28-2011, 02:06 PM
RE: Unable Allocate the Memory - by basanth27 - 03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
RE: Unable Allocate the Memory - by JyotiRanjan - 03-29-2011, 09:31 AM
RE: Unable Allocate the Memory - by basanth27 - 03-29-2011, 09:34 AM
RE: Unable Allocate the Memory - by JyotiRanjan - 03-29-2011, 09:37 AM
RE: Unable Allocate the Memory - by basanth27 - 03-29-2011, 09:51 AM
RE: Unable Allocate the Memory - by tdevick - 03-29-2011, 01:37 AM
RE: Unable Allocate the Memory - by JyotiRanjan - 03-29-2011, 09:56 AM