Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Service issue when HTTP Post disabled
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months ago Exclamation 
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and have been working with QTP for about 7 months now. I have encountered a situation where I have used the Web Services Wizard to try and test a web service that has the HTTP-GET and HTTP-POST messaging protocols disabled because of security. Therefore when I try to invoke a PutMessage method on my webservice to send my XML string, I am getting the following error message:

The PutMessage operation call failed.
The .NET Framework 2.0 WSE 3.0 toolkit returned the following error:
Soap error:
Message: Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Line (10):
Code:
"PutMessage = WebService(Desc1, Desc2, Desc3).PutMessage(xmlStr)".

The code I am using to attempt to send my xml string to the webserver is below:

'Note WebService Info was changed for this forum to be confidential:

Code:
Set xmlDoc = XMLUtil.CreateXML()
xmlDoc.LoadFile("C:\Test_Automation\CMX_App2.xml")
xmlStr = xmlDoc.ToString

Desc1 = "wsdl:=http://abc123.testserver.com/STransport_2003_12.asmx?wsdl"
Desc2 = "service:=STransport_2003_12"
Desc3 = "port:=STransport_2003_12"

PutMessage = WebService(Desc1, Desc2, Desc3).PutMessage(xmlStr)

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I have tested the XML via one of our development tools for the web service and it submits ok so I know the XML file is correct.

Does anyone know how to configure/code the webservice call in vb script so that the PutMessage method will accept and process the XML string. (Note I also tried this without using the xmlStr = xmlDoc.ToString, and simply used the xmlDoc to pass into PutMessage)

Any help would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Web Service issue when HTTP Post disabled - by NeilJester - 06-12-2010, 12:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is VBScripting disabled in Office 365 update? soumyarani 0 1,260 12-19-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: soumyarani
  How To pick up the particular mail in Post Login Gmail page and click on Checkbox akhandesh 0 2,699 12-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Last Post: akhandesh
  Disabled Webelement is showing up as Visible =True in GUI Spy Shwethareddy 3 3,614 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Ankesh
  Speed issues on script execution (First Post) martinshort 4 3,157 07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: martinshort
  ContextMenu item disabled Powerbuilder Phread 1 3,902 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Shridevi.Salagare