Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make QTP ignoring changing window title?
Hey there,

I am evaluating QTP if it's more useful for us (Bosch) than TOSCA Tricentis. Right now, I am encountering following problem:

I'm automating a Software, the Window of this Software is called "FSA 050 / 500". This program starts with a list of a whole bunch of submenus, where the window will switch by entering them by pressing the F12.
SwfWindow("FSA 050 / 500").SwfWindow("TP_Start").SwfTreeView("m_oTreeView").Select 50
SwfWindow("FSA 050 / 500").SwfWindow("TP_Start").SwfButton("F12").Click

When I enter the submenu in index 50 as example, the window title will expand from "FSA 050 / 500" to "FSA 050 / 500 - Universal oscilloscope 2 channel" and that's some serious issue! The question ist: how can I teach QTP, that it shall use the window title "FSA 050 / 500" and ignoring everything else behind? I've tried regular expressions, but failed. Somehow, and I really don't know why, QTP worked as I wished for. I've entered the submenu and QTP recorded those controls still under "FSA 050 / 500"
->
SwfWindow("FSA 050 / 500").SwfWindow("C_MultiScope").SwfEditor("m_oInfoBox_2").Check CheckPoint("m_oInfoBox_5")
SwfWindow("FSA 050 / 500").SwfWindow("C_MultiScope").SwfButton("F12").Click

Unfortunately, it now looks like:

SwfWindow("FSA 050 / 500 - Universal oscilloscope 2 channel").SwfWindow("C_MultiScope").SwfEditor("m_oInfoBox_2").Check CheckPoint("m_oInfoBox_5")
SwfWindow("FSA 050 / 500 - Universal oscilloscope 2 channel").SwfWindow("C_MultiScope").SwfButton("F12").

Has someone a clue? Sometimes it works as wished, sometimes not. It was always only the .NET addin loaded. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
How to make QTP ignoring changing window title? - by Lachsi - 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to check the changing value of each iteration parikhtapan 0 1,823 04-06-2012, 11:44 PM
Last Post: parikhtapan