Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Square Bracket Issue - Regular Expression
Solved: 10 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks ago
I'm testing an instance of Salesforce.com and have run into an issue. Our development team is using a numerical indicator inside a hyperlink to let the user know how many of "something" reside on the page that link takes a user to. My example is a link that takes the user to a page that has a list of names on it. The link itself reads: Call List [10]...this means that they have ten records on the call list page. Obviously as we test, that number could change to any value.

My problem is a simple one. Because the link itself has square brackets, I believe QTP won't let me use the regular expression feature on the link object. I've tried every way I know to change the text, innertext, outtertext and name of the object in the OR using the regular expression feature. A few that I've tried:

Call List*
Call List [*]
Call List \[\*\]
Call List [(*)]

...and many other variations.

I've even tried using some other expressions such as \w. No matter what I try, I can't get it to work. Does anyone out there have a suggestion? Usually when I get into a problem like this, it is something simple, but I've been trying to figure it out for hours.

The error I'm receiving: "Cannot identify the object 'LeftNav - Call List...'"

My line of code throwing the error:

Browser("salesforce.com - Unlimited").Page("salesforce.com - Unlimited").Frame("Frame").Link("Left Nav - Call List*").Click

I've attached a screen shot of my OR for anyone who is interested. It couldn't be more simple.

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Square Bracket Issue - Regular Expression - by kapsig431 - 03-29-2012, 03:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need Any digit in xpath path using Regular expression Priyam 1 3,274 10-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Ankur
  Regular expression to read two words in lowercase, uppercase and with and without spa sarahq49 1 3,218 04-09-2015, 01:56 AM
Last Post: sarahq49
  Regular expression and script optimisation Padmavathy 1 3,632 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM
Last Post: supputuri
  Regular expression in descriptive programming testernc 1 16,416 12-08-2014, 06:38 PM
Last Post: anshika.agarwal
  need a regular expression. anu05446 0 3,036 11-26-2014, 03:00 PM
Last Post: anu05446