Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drawbacks of using too many function calls?
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
We are creating QTP scripts to validate the UI screen elements (presence, weblist contents, checkboxes, etc). I had created a function called "validateObjects" and saved it in the library file (.vbs). I was calling this function in my script by passing the object properties as parameters (we following DP).
The function will verify the presence of the objects on the screen and report pass or fail accordingly.

As expected, the number of function calls were too many in the script. For each UI element i had inserted the function call.

Our client manager is not happy with the script. He is saying it will bring down the QTP performance. When asked how, he informed us to find out by ourselves. I googled for the information. But no luck so far.

for the busy-experts, here is one liner question - "Will the QTP script take more time to execute when a lot of function calls are present in the script? If Yes, how?"

Messages In This Thread
Drawbacks of using too many function calls? - by vishwas.shenoy - 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calling a Function in Function Library when function is defined in an Action jitenderkkr 0 2,769 11-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: jitenderkkr
  RegisterUserFunc fails when one calls another Archens 2 2,648 08-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Archens
  Testing web Application that makes AJAX calls pendri 2 3,793 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Last Post: surya_7mar
  How can I fetch server time using function Now or any other function? blanchedsouza 2 4,837 11-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Ankur