Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dtLocalSheet empty even though excel file contains data
Not Solved
Hello everybody, this is my first post

I am trying to work with DataTables. 
My main goal is to set up ALM so that I can point to a resource for my test, so that the test would use that resource (excel file). As I understand, I need to code my tests to use excel resource, and in ALM for the master test I have created a test configuration that overrides test data resources (so I did that). Now what I need is to make my tests correctly use excel resource file

My test set up is 
MasterTest with added ExternalActions: Action1, Action2, Action3 (which are reusable) and several more actions that do not use any parameters
I would like those reusable actions (1,2,3) to use a defined excel file (the mentioned resource)

What I have done so far:
*Master test is configured to use my excel file (File->Settings->Resources->
*Tests are completed, and they are coded to use LocalSheets
*Excel file is created and it contains sheets named Action1, Action2, Action3
*Tried adding another sheet with MasterTest's name, but that turned out weird (in run time, excel file had all the sheets' names from MasterTest [which were empty - that includes Action1, Action2, Action3] plus the 3 sheets created by me with data - so Action1, Action2, Action3 were duplicated

The problem:
In run time, each action has dtLocalSheet empty, even though the names of excel sheets correspond to action names. What should I do, so dtLocalSheets get populated with correct data?
Thanks

UFT I am using is 12.52

Messages In This Thread
dtLocalSheet empty even though excel file contains data - by cantorre - 03-28-2017, 08:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to export the output value of a webedit object to a new excel file. mounika6677 1 1,332 04-14-2019, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mounika6677
  Access not saved excel file randhirsinghskhn 0 934 09-04-2018, 07:26 AM
Last Post: randhirsinghskhn
  Want to read the data from excel and set read value in the JavaTable rajeevk7 0 2,172 07-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Last Post: rajeevk7
  Reading data from excel sheet serenediva 1 8,864 03-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Last Post: vinod123
  Grab multiple line data from log file haziqwebs 0 1,706 10-19-2016, 01:28 PM
Last Post: haziqwebs